Monday, July 1, 2013

Inspiring Women in Fitness



One of the things I do that helps to keep me motivated to exercise is read magazines that feature people who inspire me. My favorite fitness magazine is Muscle & Fitness Hers. Of all the fitness magazines I’ve read, this one seems to me to be the most down-to-earth, with no-nonsense articles for women who are serious about living a fitness lifestyle. For the most part, M&F Hers lacks the fluff found in some of the other health and fitness magazines intended for women. I’ve found some great weight training routines, complete with expert tips, photos and explanations. Another thing I love in each issue is the unpacking and re-delivering of information flying around out there about supplements and nutrition. Speaking of nutrition, every single article I’ve read on the subject in M&F Hers stress the importance of eating clean and using food as fuel. I’ve never seen them endorse gimmicky “diets” or quick-fixes.

Now, moving on to what’s supposed to be the topic of this post: Mona Muresan. Mona is the Editor-in-Chief of Muscle & Fitness Hers. Like many magazine editors, she writes a letter to readers for each edition. Many of those letters contain a plea to women who are comfortable in the weight room to reach out to women (and men) who may be new to weight training and help them feel less intimidated and encouraged.  The letters and other articles she writes give off an aura of friendliness and genuine good character. It feels like Mona Muresan has a wonderful, giving, positive attitude that’s contagious.

Women like Mona inspire me to be strong and feminine; intelligent and passionate; experienced and helpful. Click here to check out one of her articles and experience her warmth for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment