Wednesday, December 4, 2013

On The Home Stretch

I had fun with my new UP24 today. I've wondered lots of times how many calories I burn in my day to day activities. This technology isn't perfectly accurate, but it uses a formula based on my age, weight, height and steps taken throughout the day. I also recorded everything I ate today.

It's 8:15 pm right now. According to my UP24, I walked 5,554 steps - the equivalent of 2.4 miles. I ate approximately 1,984 calories, which included 160 grams of carbs, 117 grams of protein, 52 grams of unsaturated fat, 37 grams of saturated fat, and 317 mg of cholesterol. Including my walking around and my morning workout, I burned 1,688 calories.

According to this data, I'm at a calorie surplus for the day. They were clean calories though, so hopefully they will go toward muscle gain.

I didn't have much time to plan my meals this week, having just gotten back from our Tennessee trip on Sunday evening. Our freezer is stocked with plenty of meat, so I'm just working with what I have in the kitchen and cooking up meals that fit my 21 Day Sugar Detox nutrition plan.

Today was day 17. Breakfast was full-fat plain yogurt with a cut-up banana mixed in and a 12 oz. latte made with whole milk. I had a handful of almonds after my morning appointment while I was driving back to Jackson. For lunch I ate more leftover chicken thighs and a red skin potato with butter and salt. My afternoon snack was a not-sweet cinnamon cookie from the book, with almond butter spread on it.

Dinner was chicken legs and fried rice (cooked rice fried in coconut oil with seasonings, some balsamic vinegar and scrambled eggs). I baked the chicken basted with coconut oil and seasoned with sage, chives, salt and pepper. I also had a glass of red wine tonight. It's been a long few days!

Scott took Harley, one of our dogs, to the vet this afternoon because her ears have been bothering her. Turns out she has a yeast infection in them. Poor girl. We're getting her all fixed up now. Hopefully she'll feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment