Friday, June 7, 2013

Thankful For My Body, 6/7/13

Days like today make me thankful for the amazing ability of the human body to heal itself. Wednesday morning I had surgery on my left shoulder to fix some torn tissue and a mis-shappen bone. It was the first time I've ever had any type of surgery; the first time I'd been put under with anesthesia. That was a really weird experience for me - letting someone else have complete control over my body.

The entire procedure and recovery so far have gone exactly like the doctor said it would. After having someone rooting around under my skin, it's crazy to think of how quickly I'm healing. Other than having to deal with my restricted range of motion with my left arm, I'm feeling pretty much back to normal. I expect to see my shoulder getting stronger every day and look forward to the day I can get back in the weight room.

The photo here shows one of my protectors (Harley) helping Scott take care of me while I'm resting.


No comments:

Post a Comment