Saturday, June 8, 2013

Thankful for Saturday Things, 6/8/13

Today I am thankful for the sunshine, my comfortable home, the love of the best hubby ever, and getting my hair done. I have a standing date every 6-8 weeks with my hair stylist, Jessica Roberts at Hair 634. Jessica is a treasure and a natural fit for this salon, which is located at Art 634 in Jackson, itself a diamond in the rough.

Art 634 is Jackson's own mini-artsy-A2-ish creative community. This beautiful brick structure houses a truly unique coffee shop, Cuppa, owned by Evan and Koren Farmer. When you visit Cuppa, you're treated to pour-over
coffee - each cup made fresh while you wait - and a cozy, welcoming atmosphere you could easily spend all afternoon in. Surrounding Cuppa are several local artists' shops, Hair 634, a photography studio, a massage therapy salon, and a dance studio upstairs. Tomorrow is Art 634's monthly event, "2nd Sunday", a great time to check out the place.

Today was a day of relaxation, a little bit of house cleaning, reading, getting my hair done.... all great Saturday things.

No comments:

Post a Comment