Monday, October 7, 2013

"One of Those Days"

I did pretty well with  my eating today. I felt like I was running behind the entire day. It was one of those days that started out with me feeling rushed and leaving the house without taking my lunch, then running almost late for each appointment I had for work. Ever have one of those days? Ugh!

I ate half a banana as I was driving to the gym for my weight training at 5:15 am. When I got back home I had a protein drink made with whey protein powder and almond milk, then I got ready for work and headed out the door.

I did have time to grab a latte to sip on during our morning staff meeting (I get a 16oz. latte made with whole milk, 3 shots of espresso and honey).

Around 11:30 I walked down the street to Grand Traverse Pie Company (I was working in Lansing today) and got a spinach and goat cheese salad for lunch. Yum! I had two appointments outside the office with clients and made it back to Jackson around 4:00.

I came straight home and worked the rest of my day from my living room. When I got home I warmed up some of last night's turkey/rice/veggie stuff to hold me over till dinner. Scott baked some chicken drumsticks for dinner, and I paired that with red wine and a small piece of chocolate. 

That was my day. It's almost 7:30 pm as I write this, so I still have the evening munchies to fight off, but I'm hoping my avoidance of most carbs all day will keep the cravings at bay tonight. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment