Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Veggie Delivery and Today's Diet

Today was a busy, productive work day. I started off right on track, so no rushing around, and I managed to remember to bring my lunch from home.
Smiley
I headed to the gym at 5:15 am with a half banana and my amino energy drink. My workout today was mostly cardio - a "core builder" circuit routine (be sure to check out my post on Saturday for details).

After the gym, I came home and made oatmeal with protein powder, peanut butter and honey... and a cup of coffee with almond milk and honey.
 
For lunch I had two chicken drumsticks left over from last night's dinner, followed by an oatmeal butterscotch cookie (eek! - it's been an oatmeal kind of day).

I worked in Lansing today again, and I chose the worst time to try to head home: straight up 5:00. It was after 6:00 by the time I got home. Trying to get out of Lansing, traffic is totally different fifteen minutes on one side or the other of 5pm. When I got home, Scott had pork chops and baked potatoes ready for dinner. (Yes, he's a keeper!) I topped my potato with broccoli and cheese.

Did you see my post on Door to Door Organics a few weeks ago?  They deliver organic vegetables and fruit on a regular basis (every week, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.). I got a delivery today, which included the broccoli I used on my potato. If you haven't checked this out yet, it's definitely worth a few minutes: https://michigan.doortodoororganics.com




I ended my day with a glass bottle (there was only a few drinks left in it - why dirty up a glass?) of wine.

2 comments:

  1. After the gym, I came home and made oatmeal with protein powder, peanut butter and honey... and a cup of coffee with almond milk and honey. insanity before after

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite breakfasts. I had it this morning after my workout too. :)

      Delete