Sunday, October 6, 2013

Creative Cooking

Tonight I got creative with some things I had in the kitchen to make a healthy meal and use up some of the vegetables I still have in the fridge from last weekend.
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1/2 cup cut-up veggies: celery, red and yellow peppers, green beans, fresh garlic
  • 1 chopped tomato
  • 1/2 cup 3-pepper peach sauce 
  • 1/2 brown rice
I cooked the turkey and garlic until the turkey was browned and drained the grease off. Then I added the tomatoes and other veggies and cooked for about 10 minutes. I added the 3-pepper peach sauce and cooked another 10 or so minutes. The rice was cooking during all this, and when it was done, I added it to the turkey/veggie mixture for a one dish meal.

The 3-Pepper Peach sauce is something I brought home with me from a visit at my mom's house in Tennessee. I'm not sure where she gets it, but she keeps it around to mix with cream cheese for a yummy dip. I've had this jar in my cupboard for a few months and pulled it out tonight when I was looking for something to pull this meal together. It added a delicious, sweet taste. I was able to find a link to the sauce online here.


I'll be taking left-overs for lunch tomorrow.

I love it when a plan comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment