Monday, November 18, 2013

21 Day Sugar Detox, Day 1

Day one of my 21DSD, and all is well. I start my weekdays early, at either 4:30 or 5:00 with a workout, and I eat breakfast around 6:30 or 7:00, so most days I'm hungry enough for another meal by 9:30 or 10:00. I was curious how that would go today.

Breakfast was buffalo chicken egg muffins with spinach and a cup of coffee with coconut milk. 
By 9:30 I was at work and hungry so I snacked on the cinna-vanilla nuts I made last night. I only had a few because I wanted to make sure I had some for my mid-afternoon snack. I had an appointment with a client at 10:00, so my mind was occupied and the snack held me over. Before I knew it, it was 12:30 and I wasn't starving. My hunger from the morning had passed, but I ate at that time anyway because I wasn't going to have time to eat for the next couple of hours.

For lunch I had salmon salad wrapped in lettuce. 
I was looking forward to it because I love salmon, but I didn't care for this very much. It was sort of dry tasting and didn't seem to have much flavor. The recipe called for capers and I forgot to pick them up when I went shopping. The capers would have made it better. This meal also made me realize that it will take some time for my palette to get used to not-so-sweet food.

For the rest of the day I forgot to take pictures of the meals. Hopefully I'll get better at that.

I had a 3:00 client appointment and then was on the road for about an hour. While I was driving I ate the rest of the nuts I had.

When I got home, I made dinner, which was meatloaf made completely from scratch with fresh herbs, onions, garlic, tomato paste, etc. and rice. I will have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I already have it packed and ready to go.

Overall it wasn't difficult to stick to my plan. I did crave my afternoon latte, though That's one thing I'll miss the most, I think. The craving passed by the time I got home, and I was fine. It helped that I was busy this afternoon.

It's 8:00 pm now. The only thing left to overcome is the evening munchies now. I'm so proud of my day though, I don't think I'll have a problem. I don't want to mess it up at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment