Sunday, November 24, 2013

One Week Down! (21 Day Sugar Detox)

I successfully made it through my first week of the 21 Day Sugar Detox. WooHoo! I'm charged up and ready to tackle the next one.

For most of the week, I stuck very closely to the daily meal plan in the book. I think I'll enjoy the meals more, though, if I pick and choose from the recipes and just use the ones I think I'll like, and substitute any items I don't care for with others on the 'yes' list. I feel like I'm prepared to do this next week a la cart.

On that note, tonight I cleaned out the refrigerator and did a leftover makeover. I had some leftover sausage, meatballs and shepherd's pie.

I started by heating up some bacon fat in a large skillet, adding some chopped onion, cut-up squash, salt and pepper.
I let that cook for a few minutes and then started adding the meat. I added a can of diced tomatoes and beans, some paprika, basil and sage and cooked it all through.
I served it over rice, and that was dinner tonight.
I did some heavy house cleaning and laundry today. And, of course, I slept in late this morning, so I didn't really have a defined breakfast and lunch. When I got up I ate one of the not sweet cinnamon cookies I made last night (with almond butter spread on top) with my coffee/coconut milk.
A couple of hours later I had leftover shepherd's pie. Then I started cleaning. A couple of hours later I ate another one of those cookies. They're delicious! And that held me over till dinner.

I noticed something about my body this weekend that I love - a by product of this plan: I'm seeing a reduction of fat in my belly and upper arms, which allows more of my hard work at the gym show through. Yay!!! THAT's what's going to keep me going through the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment