Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 8: All Is Good!

Day 8 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox.

Today was a good day. I was up at 4:30 to go to the gym (Monday is my early day). After my workout I came home to get ready for work and have breakfast. I had bacon, a scrambled egg and coffee with half & half. While I was driving to Lansing I ate a small green apple.

Before lunch a staff meeting and client appointment kept me busy. I made the drive back to Jackson and ate my lunch in our Jackson office while catching up on some work on the computer. Lunch was leftovers from last night - the "leftover makeover". (So I had leftover leftovers for lunch.)

Snack was full-fat plain yogurt (no sweeteners added) with a cut up banana mixed in. I enjoyed that more than I thought I would. I've tried plain yogurt before and didn't care for it. Adding the banana was the perfect complimentary flavor. Could this be because I'm getting used to not-so-sweet stuff? ;-)

For dinner tonight I made the ginger-garlic beef & broccoli from the book.
Didn't care for this one. It had good flavor and probably would have bee much better if I'd bought a better cut of beef for it.

Oh, and for desert for both lunch and dinner I had a not sweet cinnamon cookie. I really love that recipe!

Since dinner was a bust tonight, I'm going to have to find something else to do for lunch tomorrow. I won't be taking leftovers of this. I'll figure something out. It's probably going to be a slow day at work because of the upcoming holiday, so maybe I'll have time to come home and cook something.

No comments:

Post a Comment