Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 2 of 21 Day Sugar Detox and Interview With Diane Sanfilippo

I heard an interview of Diane Sanfilippo, author of 21 Day Sugar Detox, on a podcast today. I encourage you to listen. It worked great for a burst of motivation! Listen here.

I really enjoyed my meals today! Breakfast was more of the buffalo chicken egg muffins (which I liked better the 2nd time for some reason) and coffee with coconut milk. I usually put honey in my coffee, so I'm having to get used to the taste of it without sweetener.

I was hungry at around 9:30 again, so I snacked on some of the cinna-vanilla nuts. Last night I made some green and herbal tea and chilled it overnight. I took a bottle of it with me to work today and drank on it throughout the day.

I had my lunch at noon: leftover meatloaf and rice from last night and a salad without any dressing. I forgot to make the dressing to take with me, and I actually enjoy raw veggies like that, so I ate it naked. ;-)

I had a client appointment at 2:00, then spent an hour in the car. While I was driving, around 3:00, I ate the rest of the cinna-vanilla nuts.

For dinner, I made salmon fillets. I ate just the salmon without any sides or toppings. It was delicious. This is one of the recipes in the book, and it called for seasoning the fillets with salt, pepper and fresh lemon juice and zest. Yum! It also called for a caper lemon sauce, but I skipped that because I don't have any capers.

I spent some extra time in the kitchen after dinner prepping for tomorrow. I made up the green apple sausage patties.
I forgot to snap a picture of them finished. I'll try to remember to do that when I eat them for breakfast in the morning. I'm really looking forward to trying these. I also boiled some eggs for my snacks for tomorrow.

Some things to note about how I felt today: I was hungry again at 9:30 this morning. That's not really unexpected since I work out and eat breakfast so early. I noticed, though, that it wasn't a head-spinning, blood-sugar dip type of hungry. It was just an empty stomach kind of hungry. That's good.

I also had a headache that started mid-morning. I took some Ibuprofen and it eased up for the afternoon. That could be from my body not having the sugar it's used to, or it could be just because... I'm not going to dwell on it.

Yesterday I started to get a little worried that I wasn't going to enjoy the food on this plan, because I wasn't crazy about the breakfast or lunch meals. But today I loved everything I ate. 

It's now a little after 7pm, and I feel satisfied - not hungry and not craving munchies so far. I'll be heading to bed early tonight because it's going to be an extra early morning tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment