Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 4: My Body Spoke Loud and Clear

Day 4 of 21 Day Sugar Detox.

This morning I crashed. I didn't sleep well last night. I never got into that deep sleep phase. I dreamed all night long and kept waking up. This morning when I got up I felt light headed and weak. My body was sending me a message loud and clear that I need to up the carbs.

For breakfast I had leftover sausage patties and a green apple with my coffee and coconut milk. That green apple was exactly what I needed. I started feeling better really soon after I ate it.

For lunch I had more of the chicken from last night (I LOVE that recipe), a baked potato with butter and sea salt, and an herb biscuit that I made from a recipe in the book. (I'm not crazy about that one.)

Around 3:30 this afternoon I had a banana with almond butter. That's one of my favorite snacks, and I usually use peanut butter, but the almond butter was just as good.

For dinner I made the Asian meatballs and ate them with brown rice. I'm not crazy about this recipe either. I enjoy trying most of the recipes, and I'm definitely figuring out which ones I'll make again and which ones I won't.

Ok, lesson learned yesterday and today. I need to keep my carb intake up and steady throughout the day. I should have known to anyway, because I work out every morning and my work day is fairly active. I should've paid attention to the energy add-ons in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment